Sustainability is just as normal and logical for Eveon as striving to enable our customers to order a container at the best price around the clock in the simplest possible way. That is why we rely on these seven principles:
1. Digitization enables sustainability. Since we work 100% digitally, we are more effective and save costs for customers, suppliers and ourselves. As you can see, some of these savings translate into lower prices for our customers. On the other hand, we use these savings to be able to work more sustainably. And of course, we wish to earn something ourselves.
2. We are committed to avoiding the transport of empty containers. Containers with cargo arrive at ports, are transported inland and unloaded there. The containers are then usually returned empty to the ports although the owners would like to sell a large part of these containers. Eveon can already sell the containers inland through online marketing and the online shop. In this way, we prevent unnecessary environmental pollution and give used containers a new life as a storage option for our customers. Of course, our customers can also reload the container and then use it again for transport.
3. We prefer to work with suppliers who take sustainability seriously. When choosing our suppliers, it plays a major role how they work for more sustainability. That is why we do not always automatically choose the cheapest transport company, for example. As we can offer the best prices on the market, we ensure that the combination of container and transport price does not increase for our customers. And this is how we proceed with all our suppliers.
4. We don’t just make green promises, we go green. We don’t bother our customers with talk about sustainability but simply apply our principles directly to the logical places. This is why our customers only notice after placing an order in our online shop that we have offset the CO2 emissions for the transport of their container. We hope this will inspire you to treat your customers in the same way. This is how we make the world a little better together!
5. We urge the container industry to produce containers in a better way, both for workers and for the environment. Containers are sold multiple times after production before they get to you. Since Eveon removes the superfluous margins, there is the possibility of offering a responsible product that may be a bit more expensive but at the same time offering our customers the usual low prices.
6. Our own business is as sustainable as possible. We work paperless, when we have to drive, we use electric cars and we try to avoid flying by plane. Everything we do, we do as consciously as possible. And we aim to make the right decisions.
7. Eveon Sustainability Award. Every year, we ask our customers to nominate the best sustainable initiative in the field of transport and logistics. Based on the votes cast by our customers, suppliers and other interested parties, Eveon donates EUR 10,000 each year to the most promising sustainable initiative.